Monday, July 17, 2006

One MILLION Percent [insert booming voice here]

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people talk about how certain they are about something, or how much effort they are going to put in, or how supportive they are, and they use anything over 100%.

"Oh, he supports me 350%"

"I am 650% sure that he is my baby-daddy" - this raises another pet peeve - baby-daddy? Like baby-bump or other like phrases...who decided that those were examples of acceptable English??

"I put, like, one million percent effort in, and they still fired me"

What is this about anyways?? One hundred percent is one hundred percent...there is no more...that is complete, that is entire, that is all that is available....the pie runneth over after that. Anything more is completely illogical and impossible, and it drives me nuts!!

I sort of understand the 110% percent expression - everything and then some - I can cope with that...but it's just gotten completely out of hand. AARGH!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with this post 900 000%

Unknown said...

i agree one billion percent