Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Little More Like Myself

Mmmm...had dinner tonight at the Keg with some friends of mine.
The first full meal I've eaten in about 2 weeks (between the ear infection and the fevers and the nausea and then the subsequent shrunken stomach I just haven't eaten).
But it was really good steak, and salad and baked potato and red wine, and great conversation. Mmm...sometimes it's just so nice to be satiated.
I'm starting to get my life back under control too. Wednesday is my crazy class day: 7 hours of class, and lots of the profs use the socratic method so you really have to be prepared. I actually was half decently prepared today. Not as good as it could have been, but I didn't sound like a complete turd answering questions.
I'm glad. When I'm not on top of my life I just feel completely wretched and anxious and frustrated.
Mmmm...they say patience is a virtue. It's just going to take a little patience to get entirely back to normal.

2 comments:

Amy said...

this post makes me want to go to red lobster. is that place still kickin around?

Lin-Zed said...

I've actually never been to the Red Lobster. I'm pretty sure we've never had it in Vancouver...kind of snobby about seafood out west. But I'm also pretty sure I've seen one or two around Alberta. I also seem to remember people driving down to Burlington when we were living in Rez at McGill because that was the nearest one. I'm thinking it's similar to the Keg?? Yes??