Monday, September 18, 2006

I am profoundly sad today. I was supposed to try out for the competitive mooting teams today which is something that I am really really interested in doing. I have had the problem to work on since Tuesday, and have been too sick to even look at it until yesterday. Starting yesterday afternoon I attempted to prepare my submissions for moot court today, and finally about an hour ago, I was forced to throw in the towel. Even the questions I was asking myself I could not answer, and I had to face the fact that I was not going to be able to stand up to the judges.

I don't like to admit that I'm in over my head. I don't like to admit that I can't do something. But the only think I don't like to do more is do something half-assed. And so I withdrew.

I'm very sad. I really wanted to do this. Granted, there will be next year. But next year is not this year.

3 comments:

S'Mat said...

sorry to hear it lindz. from what i could tell, you were really into the moot circuit. s'hard to come back from sickville... bummer. are you physically better now? can you at least moot casually?

Lin-Zed said...

Alas, a casual moot is a bit of an oxymoron really. Formality is a bit of a cornerstone.
I will be physically better, eventually. This was a rough one...like the bronchitis/strep throat combo of February 1998. That was one for the record books it was.

Eve said...

That sucks!

I always idealize being sick: you don't have to work, get to watch tv, read, and eat comfort food. But then I forget what it's really like being sick. Isn't it weird how difficult it is to remember physical feeling?