Friday, March 02, 2007

Sunny Day...Sweeping the Clouds Away!

Mmmm...the past two days have been gloriously sunny and lovely. Tomorrow is supposed to be warm as well. Yesterday I undertook the 45 minute walk across the river valley to school - head phones on, toque firmly in place. My new favorite walking-in-the-city music is Reverie; in particular 2 songs: Walking Around, and It's All the Same. My friend J introduced me to this music...he has a sort of eclectic, jazzy taste for music. I can always count on him to point me towards some off beat fabulous tracks and this group has just the right upbeat, funky, interesting flavor that adds so much to my walks through the city.

I had one of my night classes last night; we had a superior court judge come in and guest lecture. He showed up in sock-less loafers, with an enormous cooler full of imported beer, and proceeded to crack one open and hop up on the table to deliver his comments. I mean I've become familiar with the notion of beers with professors...just not generally in the classroom. I think this might beat out McGill's OAP and bringing plastic glasses of cheap beer to class with you. I mean this was condoned by the lecturer and it was nice, good imported stuff.

I totally made an ass of myself at the drug store today. So I use the pharmacy at the university cause they are cheap and convenient and I needed to renew my birth control pills. And the way it works is that you drop the prescription off at one counter, and pick it up at the other. And so I take my prescription up and this nice round middle aged lady takes it and it's all lovely. And then I trot off to run an errand and come back 20 minutes later or so, and go up to the pick up counter, and it's this totally young, cute, funny charming guy who's the pharmacist. And we're chatting about I don't even know what but in my head I'm thinking about how great this guy is and then he picks up my prescription and I realize that it's for birth control pills and all of a sudden it's like there's a short circuit in my brain. And now the hot pharmacist is instructing me on the use of these pills and I can't focus on anything he's saying, and I feel the heat rising in my cheeks and then I realize it's my turn to speak, and gibberish comes out. Like really I have NO idea what I was saying, I was just talking to talk and so now I've turned an embarrassing situation into a terrible one, so I slap my money on the counter, turn on my heel and bolt out of there as fast as I could. Oy....apparently I'm 13 years old again! And he knows my name too....Doh!

So I've decided that I'm at the point in post break-up where I'm going to bust out the slutty bar top...the gold sllinky one that has to be taped in place. This is what I just don't understand about these starlets that flash the cameras all their parts. It's just unacceptable in this, the era of seamless underwear, convertible bras and double sided tape. It just goes to show that even though you may have piles of money, there still might be Chevy's on cinderblocks in the front yard of your estate. Forget the on call manicurist...buy yourself a copy of Emily Post and a huge helping of class...(Ok...perhaps that's a bit conceited...but come on).

2 comments:

Indiana James said...

That was pure gold. Yes, mortifying but rich at the same time. On the topic of gold, this outfit sounds like a man slayer. Thanks for sharing that one, it was a smile maker for sure.

Eve said...

Hahaha, I love the gibberish ramble.

Ooh, nice re the gold top.

And no, I didn't read the book, but I got it for you because I know you love its precursor. I'm so glad you like it! (And wasn't that card hilarious?)