Thursday, March 29, 2007

Time to click my red heels together?

Just a quick post cause I'm totally bogged down with work. But I couldn't resist...

So I've been driving to school this week (my friend is out of town so I have her parking pass and I'm trying to organize this wine tasting event...blah blah blah)...my regular radio station was dead air. I dunno why. So I hit the seek button and the next station up was a country station.
Ok, so I'm trying to learn to like country music...and I'm kind of sort of liking it...most of it. And this song comes on and it's lovely, and the chorus goes something like this, "...I want to walk you through a field of wild flowers...I want to pick you for ticks."

Seriously...no joke...I turned the volume up and strained to hear every word clearly. And I thought to myself...really? Really? Is that romantic? Really?

And then as I'm recovering from the shock of this song, a commercial for RVs comes on...which by itself is enough to send me reeling...but the tag line of the commercial is, "RVing and Country Music goes together like June and Johnny Cash."

Really? Really?

This was all too much for me before coffee.

3 comments:

Eve said...

Yeah, country is weird. My favorite was a song that said, "I've got a bright red sticker on the back of my car,
Says: "United States Marines."
An' yesterday a lady in a mini-van,
Held up her middle finger at me.
Does she think she knows what I stand for,
Or the things that I believe?
Just by looking at a sticker for the US Marines,
On the bumper of my S.U.V."

Maybe it's because she cut her off?

Eve said...

Mattie says hi.

Lin-Zed said...

Tell Mattie, "Hi Back"...and next time I'm in New York, I'd love to see him!
And if you talk to Kim today, please tell her that I was thinking of her and I wish her a happy birthday!