Monday, August 07, 2006

Communication is a marvelous thing

How often do I argue with someone only to realize that we're both saying the same thing, albeit in a different way? Too many, that's for sure.

I have exactly 4 days of work left...which blows my mind. I just don't know where the summer has gone. Granted, I spent a good portion of it being depressed: combination of sister strife, career chaos, and just general decision making dilemmas. Now that I feel like I have things under control, I just want the summer to last and last. Alas, 'tis not to be.

But you know one thing that I really did realize was that considering and evaluating the decision is the difficult part...but committing to it, if it's the right decision, is so easy. Sometimes, for me I think that the hardest part is closing the doors, rather than opening them...if that makes any sense. That, and doing something that deviates from the plans that my parents have for me. But even then, the scary thing isn't doing the thing, it's telling them about the thing that I'm doing - again...not sure if that makes sense. Hell, it took me six years to get up the courage to tell them that medical school wasn't for me...it only took me six months to tell them that civil law isn't for me...or not that it isn't for me, but that I prefer the alternative. Hell, that's an improvement if you ask me - 6 years to 6 months. My mother thinks that if I practice criminal law, I'm going to wind up getting murdered by one of my clients...she's a worrier...and into the melodrama. I also think she watches too much Law & Order.

I went out to the farm this weekend - without the boy. This was good, I think...I have perspective again...I set the rules for a reason, before I got all suckered in...and I think that I still want to abide by them. Truly, we would never work relationship wise...but we are very compatable other wise and that's fine by me.

I learned how to use a riding lawn mower this weekend, and I cut acres of grass...and then ran over a piece of barbed wire which buggered up the blades, and took me and 2 middle aged men to pull out (I wasn't strong enough, their arms weren't small enough...it worked out between the three of us). It was very fun...but I got a wicked sun burn...OUCH!

No comments: