Thursday, February 08, 2007

Time to Hit the Road

Ok, so amidst the uncertainty that is my life, I am being led by the nose away from the sources of all of my problems.
And so tomorrow, I am going with two of my friends to the mountains for a ski vacation. We're meeting two old university friends there. If I have anything to say about it, it will be a weekend filled with speeding down mountains, hot toddys by the fire, lots of games of cards, and maybe some mild flirtation with a tanned Australian liftie.

I sit writing this entry in my Family Law Practicum class, and because things really really seem to be going my way these days the topic of this class is the mandatory Parenting After Separation Course that divorcing couples must take if they have children. The Stages of Separation - this is what we're studying right now. I'm finding it rather difficult to confront the feelings I'm experiencing in reality, with the feelings they say you're supposed to experience in theory. Things are just too fresh and too raw to deal with right now.

Best to leave town. I'm going to go home and make chocolate chip cookies for the drive.

1 comment:

Eve said...

That's a great idea. Hurtling down a mountain, being with good friends. Enjoy it, Linds.