Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm sorry, I know I've already endorsed this program once this week...but it keeps suprising me in unexpected ways. I just don't understand how I never knew of it before.
This American Life - Episode 210: Perfect Evidence is about false confessions. I was drawn to it this week because that is the subject of my Advanced Evidence class tonight. People confess to crimes that they did not commit...and whose innocence is supported by irrefutable evidence. People who wind up incarceated for years and years who are, in fact, innocent. This episode is interesting for a number of reasons but around the 39 minute mark one of the subjects - a man who was incarcerated for 15 years for a crime he did not commit - speaks about his belief...no faith... in the justice system. It's so poignant...so honest...with such a lack of anger, bitterness or hostility (three emotions that I anticipated and felt were justified).

I may have more to say on the topic later, after class...but this is it for now.

2 comments:

Eve said...

Hellooo?

Eve said...

Hello?